Second preference (EB-2) category is available to foreign nationals who hold an advanced degree or the equivalent; or who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business fields, will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural or educational interests, or welfare of the U.S. and whose services are sought by a U.S. employer.
Under this category the foreign national must possess an advanced degree or the equivalent in education and work experience. One must possess a Master Degree or higher to qualify or evidenced by licensure requirements.
Under this category the foreign national must possess a degree of expertise significantly about the ordinarily encountered in the sciences, arts, or business.
- To qualify for exceptional ability, one must have any 3 of the following:
- Degree relating to area of exceptional ability
- Letter from current or former employer showing at least 10 years of experience
- License to practice profession
- Person has commanded a salary or remuneration demonstrating exceptional ability
- Membership in a professional association
- Recognition for achievements and significant contributions to the industry or field by peers, governmental entities, or professional or business organizations.